Tuesday, September 20, 2011

PROPOSED OUTLINE FOR STUDY

As I promised in my last post, the following is the outline that I developed in my personal study on Jesus' prayer life.  After today's post, I will also follow this up with a listing of the scriptural references used for each part.  It is my sincere hope that you will be able to use them in your study should you decide to continue with it.

I.   Personal Prayer Habits of Jesus
     A.  mountain side
     B.  alone
     C.  all night
     D.  a little farther
     E.  prayers of thanks before his breaking bread

II.  Teachings on Prayer
      A.  persistence
           1.  friend at midnight
           2.  widow and judge
           3.  ask, seek, knock
      B.  the prayer taught to the disciples (the Lord's Prayer?)
      C.  why pray if He knows already what we have need of (Matt. 6:7)
      D.  participatory and relationship prayer

III. Special Prayers of Jesus
     A.  Gethsemane
     B.  John 17
     C.  Living what He taught (Father, forgive, they don't know what thy're doing)
     D.  Praying for Peter--Luke 22:31-32, that his faith wouldn't fail.  And, when
           you have turned back, strengthen your brothers.
           John 21:15-22--Jesus' follow through on this with 3 denial and 3 directives.

No comments:

Post a Comment